top of page
  • Writer's pictureMedia

FA Cup Fourth Round

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City


21-year-old Molly Pike started for Leicester City in what was a huge win for her team to progress to the next round of the FA Cup. Spurs started strongly and should have scored in the first half but had to wait until the second half to break the deadlock. Leicester equalised in the 80th minute from a stunning strike which prompted the team to push forward. The match went to extra time which the Foxes fully capitalized on managing to bag 2 goals as Spurs were too aggressive in their search for the winner.

Bridgewater vs Manchester United


Galton and Russo started on the bench for this game as Manchester United looked to rotate their squad against a lower league opposition. The Red Devils were dominant but only managed to score once in the first half, Russo came on early in the second half and provided the assist for the second goal. United managed to see the game out in the end to see them into the next round

Birmingham City vs Sunderland


U23 England goalkeeper, Emily Ramsey was in goal for the Blues as they faced off against dangerous Sunderland. Ramsey was called into action early and made a fine save, looking comfortable in goal. Ramsey’s team scored first from a wonderfully taken shot from outside the box. During the second half, Emily was forced under pressure from a poor back pass and had to push it aside from her own goal, giving an indirect free kick for Sunderland which they smashed into the bottom corner. The match was decided from an extra time winner by the Blues.

Sheffield United vs West Ham United


FORTE’s pair of rising stars in Lois Joel and Mel Filis starred for the Hammers in their emphatic win over Championship side, Sheffield United. Mel opened the scoring by putting away a second hand opportunity following a shot that came of the crossbar. Sheffield bounced back strongly by equalising after a few minutes making it 1-1. Joel was involved with second goal after Mel played the ball to her before she found her teammate from a wonderful cross from the right flank. Once again, Joel created the third goal from the right side following another dangerous cross that was put away. The match ended 4-1 to the Hammers as Joel made a great impression from the right wing with Mel looking strong in the midfield.

Durham vs Blackburn Rovers Ladies


Despite Annabel Blanchard’s magnificent second half efforts and goal, Durham proved too much for her side as they lost 3-1. In a great performance from Durham, they scored all 3 of their goals before the half came to an end. Blanchard came on as a sub making an immediate impact by scoring a great goal from a lovely turn with the ball. However, the deficit was too much to overcome as the Rovers ended up losing seeing their FA Cup run end.

Southampton vs Bristol City


FORTE players, Aimee Palmer and Lia Cataldo started the game for Bristol in a very close fixture that was decided in extra time. City dominated the first half and looked threatening but could not capitalize, even hitting the post. During extra time, the Saints finally broke the deadlock after City lost the ball at the back, however, City were awarded a penalty in the last 10 minutes of extra time which they could not convert which sends them crashing out of the Cup.

Aston Villa vs Chelsea


New Villain Anna Patten started alongside fellow England U23 player Maz Pacheco in defense against a very talented Chelsea side looking to retain their hold of the FA Cup. Chelsea scored first from a lovely piece of play that neither FORTE player could do much about. Villa were unlucky and gave a weak penalty away that the Blues converted to make it 2-0. Later on in the match, Anna did well to hold up one of Chelsea’s players but was unfortunate as her opposing player laid off for their 3rd goal. Villa deserved something from the game and were rewarded with a penalty which they took as only a consolation goal.

Crystal Palace vs Lewes


Aimee Everett started for Palace whilst the newest addition to FORTE and the team, Issy Sibley was on the bench. Lewes started the game on the front foot and were unlucky to not score early on, however they eventually found the breakthrough just before the end of the first 45 minutes. Palace came out on top after the break, equalising early on and then doubling their lead after 5 minutes. Lewes’s goalkeeper received a red card in the dying moments of the game as she lashed out on one of the oppositions strikers, giving a penalty away. Palace converted the penalty with ease sending them through to the next round.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page